Amazing to get tweet from Guardian saying PM press spokesperson had defended the Osborne charity tax cap. They said " there was strong evidence it was being used aaa ethos of tax avoidance. Some of the wealthiest people in the country were giving to charities that don't do a great deal of charitable work in order to wipe out their tax bills. " An outrageous claim from No 10. If they know of charities who are abusing their charitable Status their duty is to report them to the Charity Commission , and if there is evidence to support the accusation from No 10 then charitable stauts must be removed. This implies that No 10 have information on fraud which they have not given to the Chairty Commission. The Chair of the Commission must write immediately to No 10 and demand the names pf these so called charities. If they cannot do that then this accusation must be withdrawn. Apart from the slur this also denigrates the contributions of the many philanthrisys who support great charities and are now being classed as tax avoiders. I can't think of anything that would make charity leaders and donors more angry. Frankly I was hoping that we would see common sense and get this changed. But if this is the level of debate we are to expect then I can't see anyone turning up for the May Giving Summit as it makes the claims of the Governmnet to want more philanthropy look hollow. And surely that cannot be what they want. A crass intervention. When in a hole , stop digging!
The Good Deals Pioneers Fund is offering a significant cash investment and an estimated £50,000 business support via the Young Foundation's Accelerator programme. The closing date for applications is Friday 26 October – get involved now to kick-start your start venture.
- Government launches new service to grow a sustainable market for 'community shares' Ethos public relations
- Northern Ireland’s first wind energy co-operative offers green investment opportunity Ethos public relations
- UnLtd to build on social investment work with new appointment UnLtd
- Public service mutuals get a KickSTART TPP Law
- Live UnLtd and Forward Foundation team up for Tech2Job UnLtd
- Footballers, innovators and retailers win the Co-operative Awards 2012 Ethos public relations
- Eastern Enterprise Hub and Improvement East Partner to Deliver Enterprising Public Services Eastern Enterprise Hub
- 'Game On' trophy returns to Wales Coalfields Regeneration Trust Wales
- Community Unites to save bookshop The Co-operative Group
- Opportunity to tender, deadline 30 November Livity
- From Classroom To The Real World: How Young People In Africa Can Unlock Limitless Opportunities Changemakers blogs
- “Be obsessed” – Pat Riley, former basketball coach and current President of the Miami Heat Living and Giving - Pamela Hawley's blog
- Blog: Not Completely Powerless Addictions UK
- Oprah and Dairy Queen Speak: “Don’t Get Out Of Order With Yourself Living and Giving - Pamela Hawley's blog
- Classic Pamela Positive: If you feel out of order, here’s the way: Love, love, love! Be it, live it, and that’s your success for today. Living and Giving - Pamela Hawley's blog
- Blog: It's always too early to quit. Addictions UK
- A Love that is Universal – William Barclay and Pammie Hawley Living and Giving - Pamela Hawley's blog
- French lessons – how the social and solidarity economy was won Ed Mayo's blog
- “I have no enemies and no hatred…” – Liu Xiaobo, Chinese writer and human rights activist Living and Giving - Pamela Hawley's blog
- Blog: Forgiveness Addictions UK
Featured Service Provider
Roots HR cic is a vibrant social enterprise providing human resources services to charities, voluntary and community sector organisations and of course other social enterprises. We are passionate about great people management and offer practical, cost-effective solutions tailored to your workforce, the culture and values of your organisation. Our services are designed to help organisations to comply with employment law and to perform through great people management.