BTCV has been working for over 50 years to help local people reclaim green places.led by the indefatigable Tom Flood , ACEVO trustee , they are one of our foremost third sector bodies. From May 1st, they have a different way of introducing ourselves! So farewell then BTCV! Right now, with cuts in public expenditure, and one third of the UK's natural assets in danger of being lost or degraded, our work is more important than ever. For a long time, people have had difficulty with the ghastly jumble of initials that make up their name. The full name "British Trust for Conservation Volunteers" was long winded and complicated.so they badly needed to simplify the way in which they were introduced and the arrival of a new Chair , Rita Clifton provided the spur! So hello The Conservation Volunteers ! See the new website at www.tcv.org.uk , where you can see a short film explaining why they have made the change, and a copy of Roots,the supporters magazine, which has news about the work being carried out by conservation volunteers all over the country. Even I have volunteered with them. Recently on their " Green Gym" at Regents Canal and a few years back doing planting in Doncaster where Ed Miliband and I planted 2 oak trees. I have to say I had to help Ed with his spade work. He was clearly more of a townie than I was! The trees are doing well. Thrusting forward and ever upward!
The Good Deals Pioneers Fund is offering a significant cash investment and an estimated £50,000 business support via the Young Foundation's Accelerator programme. The closing date for applications is Friday 26 October – get involved now to kick-start your start venture.
- Government launches new service to grow a sustainable market for 'community shares' Ethos public relations
- Northern Ireland’s first wind energy co-operative offers green investment opportunity Ethos public relations
- UnLtd to build on social investment work with new appointment UnLtd
- Public service mutuals get a KickSTART TPP Law
- Live UnLtd and Forward Foundation team up for Tech2Job UnLtd
- Footballers, innovators and retailers win the Co-operative Awards 2012 Ethos public relations
- Eastern Enterprise Hub and Improvement East Partner to Deliver Enterprising Public Services Eastern Enterprise Hub
- 'Game On' trophy returns to Wales Coalfields Regeneration Trust Wales
- Community Unites to save bookshop The Co-operative Group
- Opportunity to tender, deadline 30 November Livity
- From Classroom To The Real World: How Young People In Africa Can Unlock Limitless Opportunities Changemakers blogs
- Study of Development Technology Breakthroughs Uncovers Some Surprises Social Edge
- Counselor in Your Pocket: Messages Motivate Parents Through Clubfoot Treatment Social Edge
- Our Common Future Depends on Educating Pakistani Youth Social Edge
- Blog: The Potential of the Unlovely Addictions UK
- Latest on Forests: Palm Oil Trader Commits to Zero Deforestation Social Edge
- The Classic Pamela Positive: What’s In a Conversation…Who Will You “Turn Towards” Today? Living and Giving - Pamela Hawley's blog
- Blog: Ask yourself - Am I an Addict? Addictions UK
- The Classic Pamela Positive: Why an Orphanage May Be a Positive Home Living and Giving - Pamela Hawley's blog
- The squeezed middle Beanbags and Bullshit
Featured Service Provider
Social enterprises need an understanding banking partner to help manage their financial needs. Social banking specialist Triodos Bank can provide a fully integrated service, including traditional banking services and debt finance.
Call us free on t: 0500 008 720
a: Brunel House, 11 The Promenade, Bristol, BS8 3NN
Authorised by the Dutch Central Bank (DNB) and regulated by the Financial Services Authority (FSA) for the conduct of UK business.