BTCV has been working for over 50 years to help local people reclaim green places.led by the indefatigable Tom Flood , ACEVO trustee , they are one of our foremost third sector bodies. From May 1st, they have a different way of introducing ourselves! So farewell then BTCV! Right now, with cuts in public expenditure, and one third of the UK's natural assets in danger of being lost or degraded, our work is more important than ever. For a long time, people have had difficulty with the ghastly jumble of initials that make up their name. The full name "British Trust for Conservation Volunteers" was long winded and complicated.so they badly needed to simplify the way in which they were introduced and the arrival of a new Chair , Rita Clifton provided the spur! So hello The Conservation Volunteers ! See the new website at www.tcv.org.uk , where you can see a short film explaining why they have made the change, and a copy of Roots,the supporters magazine, which has news about the work being carried out by conservation volunteers all over the country. Even I have volunteered with them. Recently on their " Green Gym" at Regents Canal and a few years back doing planting in Doncaster where Ed Miliband and I planted 2 oak trees. I have to say I had to help Ed with his spade work. He was clearly more of a townie than I was! The trees are doing well. Thrusting forward and ever upward!
The Good Deals Pioneers Fund is offering a significant cash investment and an estimated £50,000 business support via the Young Foundation's Accelerator programme. The closing date for applications is Friday 26 October – get involved now to kick-start your start venture.
- Government launches new service to grow a sustainable market for 'community shares' Ethos public relations
- Northern Ireland’s first wind energy co-operative offers green investment opportunity Ethos public relations
- UnLtd to build on social investment work with new appointment UnLtd
- Public service mutuals get a KickSTART TPP Law
- Live UnLtd and Forward Foundation team up for Tech2Job UnLtd
- Footballers, innovators and retailers win the Co-operative Awards 2012 Ethos public relations
- Eastern Enterprise Hub and Improvement East Partner to Deliver Enterprising Public Services Eastern Enterprise Hub
- 'Game On' trophy returns to Wales Coalfields Regeneration Trust Wales
- Community Unites to save bookshop The Co-operative Group
- Opportunity to tender, deadline 30 November Livity
- From Classroom To The Real World: How Young People In Africa Can Unlock Limitless Opportunities Changemakers blogs
- “Do You Want the Transaction or the Relationship?” -Anita Casalina, Founder of Billions Rising Living and Giving - Pamela Hawley's blog
- Blog: There is no stasis. What is not growing is in decay Addictions UK
- FORUM2015: From Lima to Paris: The Role of Non-State Actors in COP 21 Social Edge
- FORUM2015: Economic and Social Development Should Share the Spotlight Social Edge
- FORUM2015: The Must-Watch Film of the Forum Social Edge
- FORUM2015: A Warning on Global Development Goals Social Edge
- FORUM2015: The 2015 Skoll Awards Social Edge
- FORUM2015: Our World is Connected by Supply Chains Social Edge
- FORUM2015: How Big is Big Money and How Much Do We Need? Social Edge
Featured Service Provider
Roots HR cic is a vibrant social enterprise providing human resources services to charities, voluntary and community sector organisations and of course other social enterprises. We are passionate about great people management and offer practical, cost-effective solutions tailored to your workforce, the culture and values of your organisation. Our services are designed to help organisations to comply with employment law and to perform through great people management.