The Good Deals Pioneers Fund is offering a significant cash investment and an estimated £50,000 business support via the Young Foundation's Accelerator programme. The closing date for applications is Friday 26 October – get involved now to kick-start your start venture.
Market Profile: Charity Bank
12 July 2011
Who we are:
What we offer:
Charity Bank offers:
• Affordable loan finance, up to £2 million, and other forms of social investment to social enterprises and charities.
• A secure home for your deposits, investing 100% of depositor’s money in organisations that benefit society.
• Through our partner, Investing for Good, we can offer investment services.
Who should contact us:
• Social enterprises and charities looking for affordable finance.
• Individuals or organisations looking to invest in social change.
What is the size of your investment portfolio?
We have made loans of £143 million to 925 social enterprises, charities and community groups that reach 3,500,000 people through their work.
What areas of the UK do you invest in?
Are there any particular sectors/asset classes you invest in?
Charity Bank lends to social enterprises, charities, community organisations and other social profit organisations.
What proportion of investments are classified high, medium and low risk?
Over 99% of the loans made by Charity Bank have been repaid in full.
Do you fund start ups?
What organisational structures will you fund (eg CIC Charity CLG)?
We can lend to any organisation that is a registered (or exempt) charity; as well as to community associations, voluntary organisations, community businesses, CIC, social enterprises or social landlords as long as the purpose of the loan are charitable. We also lend to for-profit companies if the loan is for exclusively charitable purposes.
Do you provide match funding?
Charity Bank loans can be used as matched funding.
Do you collaborate?
We often work in partnership with other Social Intermediaries. Through our partner, Investing for Good, we can offer investment services.